Pages

Saturday 19 January 2013

Poached Eggs

Today was a huge step for me I actually poached an egg and had. For some strange reason I would never poach eggs, well to be honest with you I never heard of poached eggs. You might say 'sure you went to college surely you did poached eggs'. We did, well it wasn't even 'we' I had given up at that stage. I did a little research on it. I looked up on YouTube. This is how I did it.

YOU WILL NEED:

  • Eggs
  • Salt
  • Vinegar (optional)
  • Saucepan
  • Water
  • Spatula
METHOD

  1. Boil water in a saucepan
  2. Add salt and vinegar if using
  3. Crack an egg(s) into a glass one by one.
  4. When water is boiling vigorously turn it down to a medium heat
  5. With spatula gently move the water and gently drop the egg into water
  6. If egg is separating and is very messy bring it together with spatula 
  7. Cook for at least 3 minutes max of 7 ( depends on how you like your eggs)
I forgot to take a picture of how it turned out, I was so excited about eating it. :D

Make sure to try it

Love Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment