Pages

Friday 25 January 2013

Baking kit for Dummies


Hello to all. I would like to start by saying that I hope I haven't offended anybody with my title. I bought this baking kit and I have been loving it so far. If you have seen the books 'For Dummies' series this is an other spin of it but in a baking set. The original price of it was E 39 and came down to E 12.50 I thought it was a great bargain. If I seen it for the original price there would be no way that I would have got it. In saying that if you had to purchase all them individually it would cost you a lot more. I have compered the prices a muffin tray is 7.50 and the spoons and cups are between 5-7 euro each, but I don't think that it would cost you 39 euro either if you had to buy it on the original price.

This kit includes:

  • 9-inch found nonstick cake pan
  • 6 cup nonstick muffin pan for muffins and cupcakes
  • 9x5 inch nonstick load pan for breads and pound cakes
  • Four piece measuring cup set
  • Five piece measuring spoon set
  • Silicone spatula


A lot of receipts that I have tried to make that I found online they have cups for measures and it was hard to find out whats a cup? Now I don't have to worry. Its also very handy that the cups have mls measurement  on the handles. One cup of flour should weigh about 112 grams. That's of course if you don't pack the cup. There is a little knife look a like on the loop of the cups, I think that's for leveling the cups and spoons. An info sheet came with the kit but it says nothing about it so that's what I used it for anyway. The only that is disappointing about this kit it the muffin tray is 6 and now 12 muffins. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining about the kit its a great kit to have in the kitchen.  I would recommend this handy kit for any kitchen. The leaflet that I mentioned has 3 receipts, they are as follows Basic Chocolate cake, Banana Bread and Blueberry Muffin. It gives you handy tips to great baking skills. In over all I think that this is the best thing that I have purchased so far this year. 

Happy Baking! :)

2 comments:

  1. that's amazing! where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a shop called Allens here in Limerick. http://www.allens.ie/contact_limerick.php

    ReplyDelete