Pages

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Butternut Squash Soup

Hello to all my cooks and chefs. Today was an exciting morning I bought some butternut squash and I didn't know what to do with it. So I made soup with it and I have to say that it was absolutely fantastic. I never tasted butternut squash before so it was a challenge for me as I am not too good on tasting of new vegetables. I have to say that I'm glad that I bought it. An other thing that you need to know is that I love love soup. This is how I made this delicious and very healthy soup.


Ingredients:

  • 1 Leek
  • 2 Sticks of celery
  • Half of a large onion
  • 3 Cloves of garlic
  • 1-2 potatoes
  • Chicken stock
  • 50g of butter

Method
  1. Cut all the leek, celery onion into small pieces
  2. Crush garlic
  3. Peel potatoes
  4. Cut butternut squash into pieces
  5. Saute leek celery garlic and onion
  6. Add butternut and saute with the rest of the veg
  7. Add chicken stock and gently simmer for 20 minutes
  8. When cooked blend 
  9. Serve and Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Hola nos gustarĂ­a invitarte a conocer nuestro blog
    La Tauleta

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment, I've looked at your blog and following

    ReplyDelete