Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Mouth watering scones

I love making pasties. I loved it when I was in college and making at home is even better. If you make a mistake there is no one looking down at you saying 'you did this wrong'. Scones are the things that I love and  hate making as its very easy to put to much milk into the mixture, then your trying to make it better by adding more four you have to kneed it more. The more you work on the mixture the harder the scones with get when your baking them. I always, always have to make two batches so that if I make a mistake I will have an other one, but today I cheated a little and I bought a packed. I wanted to see how it would work out and also the taste would they be nice to the ones make from scratch or worse?

Add 8oz of milk or water and mix with the a wooden spoon in a mixing bowl. Have a little extra milk just in case you need it. Add a little of milk at a time, this is prevent on pouring to much and making the mixture to wet. When you have it all mixed together and it all combines well put a dust of flour on the surface that your working on, and tip the dough on to it. Dust your hands too so that it won't be to sticky. Flatten until about 2-3 cm think and cut with a scone cutter. If you don't have a scone cutter use a glass or cup. Have some flour on the side so that you can dust your cutter, that way it will be much easier to cut the scone. Preheat oven to 200oC. I used parchment paper on my tray I think this is much easier and very easy to clean too. Bake for 15-20 min.
 Once the scones are baked put them on a cooking rack. When cooled cut in half and enjoy with your favorite jam.

To be honest I wouldn't know the difference between the pack and the scones you make from scratch. They are fab! Enjoy x

4 comments:

  1. I love a good scone and these look delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they were fab and so much faster to do then doing them from scratch

      Delete
  2. I really need to try these, always wanted to make scones!

    ReplyDelete