Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Beef Stew

As this is my first receipt I have to say that I'm really excited about sharing it with you all. This is very easy to do and most of people who cook who have probably have make this already, but I thought that I would share it anyway and let ye all see how I did it. I'm not used to taken pictures of what I cook so unfortunately I have only one picture when its done. I promise for the next one I will have pictures step by step. This beef stew should take about one hour to an hour and a half to cook. Cooking times depend on the cooking appliance that your working on.

To start of with I bought my beef at my local butchers that way I know that its fresh and Irish (very important).

The ingredients that I used:

1.5 lb stewing beef
1-2 dessertspoons of vegetable oil
1 Knnor stock pot in beef dissolved in 1pint of water (575mls)
pinch of salt and pepper
1-2 bay leaves
1 red onion sliced
frozen mixed veg
potatoes



  • Gently fry the meat on all sized until brown
  • Dissolve Knnor stock pot in hot water
  • Add stock to the beef and bring to the boil
  • Reduce heat to gentle simmer for 30 min
  • Add potatoes
  • Cook until potatoes half cooked
  • Add sliced onion, bay leaves cook for 10 min
  • Add frozen veg and gently cook until all veg are cooked
  • Season to taste
  • Serve



Utensils needed

  1. Frying pan
  2. Saucepan
  3. Chopping board
  4. Knife




2 comments: